Rose Shape Baked Apple Puff Pastry
How do you make your Baked Apple Puff Pastry? Along with the Banana Puff the other day, I bring you another Apple Puff Pastry but don’t make it caramel ok. It won’t looks good this time.
This recipe is another simple recipe but it is not a 5 steps recipe like the banana puff, I hope you can accept it. As the header implies, it is a rose shape apple puff pastry. The puff will make the base while the thinly sliced apple will make the rose. I recommend you use red apple as it is not so sour as green apple and it is pretty.
Recipe: For 4 serving. Ready in 35 minutes.
1 nos Big red apple (bigger could make bigger petal)
As need Puff Pastry (you can adjust you puff dough length.)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
As need Icing sugar
- Halve the apple and cut off the seed.
- Thinly slice the apple.
- Boil the water and the sugar to make a syrup.
- Add the sliced apple into the hot syrup and cook until soft (depend on the thickness of your apple, thicker apple slice require more time.)
- Press the puff pastry with rolling pin to make it thinner and cut it into long rectangular.
- Arrange the cooked apple on the puff pastry and brush some syrup.
- Roll the apple with the puff pastry.
- Adjust the apple petals.
- Set to bake at 170°C for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Can’t figure out any idea than the apple, but you can try different topping instead of icing sugar, such as drizzle with honey, garnish with edible chamomile, or cinnamon powder.