Mango cheese French Toast
Bored with the traditional French Toast on your breakfast table which comes with icing sugar and cinnamon powder? Too much fresh fruit stuff in your fridge and waiting to be soft? Then, use the excessive fruit for this Mango Cheese French Toast. Not limited to mango, you can use any fruit for this recipe, anything that can mash or blend into puree or paste.
French Toast is a fun recipe in modern day, with the rich ingredients you can find in your market, you can stuff almost anything inside the French Toast, and explore the new flavor. From the bread to the soaking liquid, until the filling and the topping, the variation could be surprising.
Recipe: 2 servings. Ready in 15 minutes.
1 nos Ripe Mango
2 pieces Packaged Emmental/Cheddar cheese
4 pieces White sandwich bread
2 nos Large egg
2 tablespoons Milk
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Pepper
- Peel and cube the mango, then blend it into puree with hand blender or simply mash it.
- Slice off the crust of the white sandwiches.
- Apply the mango puree on the bread and sandwich the cheese.
- Mix the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture.
- Heat a pan with some oil and fry it, brown all sides.
- Slice half into a triangle shape.
You can try various stuffing such as apple with cinnamon, Bechamel (white sauce) with mushroom, Creamed spinach with garlic, and others.